Boss DF-2 Super Feedbacker & Distortion Rare Made in Japan Guitar Effects Pedal
1 in stock
This DF-2 is in great shape, only a few minor scratches and dings to the finish, definitely in a fine way for a pedal it’s age. Everything functions as it should and sounds awesome! Purportedly this is very close to a DS-1 circuit, with the addendum of a momentary function when depressed creating a pedal tone of feedback and distortion, good stuff all around.
The DF-2 is a distortion pedal with the added option of holding down the footswitch for endless sustain – in overtone harmonic form of single notes. With the overtone dial you adjust the overtone that you want to feed back. When you step on the pedal and hold it down, it feeds the note back until you release the pedal. This way you don’t need to play at full volume to get a feedback sound. The feedbacked note will stop immediately when you release the pedal. There is unfortunately not way to get a smooth trailing off.
- The first DF-2s was labeled “Super Distortion & Feedbacker” while the later ones was called “Super Feedbacker & Distortion”. DiMarzio had already registered the name “Super Distortion” so Boss was forced changed the DF-2’s name. The change took place around serial number 500000 (January 1985). Production moved to Taiwan late 1989 and was modified for the PSA adapter from early 1991.
- Controls: Level, Tone, Distortion, Overtone
- Connectors: Input, Output, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 10 mA (DC 9V)
- Weight: 450 g (0.99 lb.)
- Input Impedance: 1 Mohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10kOhm or greater
- Recommended AC Adaptor: ACA Series (black label) or PSA Series (silver label)
- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Error: There was an error sending your offer, please try again. If this problem persists, please contact us.